Dear Crystal Family,
My thoughts and prayers are with all of you and your families during this challenging time. I know it was a disappointing and abrupt end to the season, but we fully support all the decisions made with the intent to slow the spread of the virus. It’s been a tough reality for all of us to adjust to, but I’m so thankful for the immense amount of support we’ve received and we are very proud to be part of such a caring community as it comes together in a time of crisis. It is my hope that all of you are safe and able to make the best of the situation. I’ve got a great staff at Crystal and in the hopes of avoiding disruptions in their pay, we have continued to serve customers as safely as we can. We also believe in the power of nature and are working to help facilitate safe activity options for those venturing to uncrowded wilderness spaces.
As the situation has progressed and changed on a daily basis, we’ve continued to develop and refine our safety measures in accordance with CDC guidelines. The safety of our staff, customers, and community as a whole is our primary concern. I strongly encourage the practice of social distancing and ask for your help with the measures we’ve implemented to aid in providing safety in our service; these measures include but are not limited to the following:
- Curb-side service options for customers who call from our parking lot
- Extended Season-Rental Terms: return/due dates extended to July 31st
- Offering phone sales of Season Rental Packages for next season, no visit necessary
- All employees and customers maintaining a minimum 6ft spacing
- Staggering customers admitted into the store to 2 groups of 3 or less at a time
- Employees showing any symptoms of illness that include fever, cough, difficulty breathing are asked to stay home, we ask the same of customers please
- It is not recommended that high-risk members of the community visit the shop for the time being
- Staff shifts have been staggered and reduced to the minimum for basic operations
- We’ve increased our disinfectant and cleaning procedures both in frequency and thoroughness, including disinfecting and cleaning contact surfaces between customer visits followed by hand-washing before returning to other work
- Reminders have been posted for social distancing etiquette and hand washing
- We’re closely following updates coming from local authorities, the CDC, and regional/international news sources. We are continuously adapting and responding to new information as it’s made available
Again, I want to thank you all for your business and support, both now and over the years. The dynamic nature of this situation is dictating that we remain flexible by preparing for all possibilities. Our ability to continue operations may change at any time. Any future changes to our operations will be communicated as soon as possible via email, our website, and social media.
Some of you have asked what you can do to help, we’re overwhelmed and touched by the sentiment. We’re prioritizing the employment of our staff and your support goes a long way towards this effort. We’ve begun booking pre-pay season rental packages for next winter, and in addition to offering these packages at a discount, as an extra thank you for your help we’re offering a free gift card with the purchase of these packages. Please see below for more details and mention the option to anyone that may be interested.
I’d like to extend a big thank you to our first responders, physicians, all other health workers, and all other public servants for your tireless efforts to combat this virus. We are all indebted to you for your service. With thoughts and prayers from of all of us at Crystal Ski Shop, I’d like to wish health and happiness for all of you, your families, and all loved ones.
With love and gratitude,